Saturday, July 24, 2010

Can I use windex on tanning beds. I'm afraid they don't clean them as well as I'd like them to.?

Last time I tanned, the person before me used some type of reddening lotion and I ended up really red. Didn't go away for a few days. I usually can stay in for about 19 minutes and had to jump out at about 15 minutes.

Can I use windex on tanning beds. I'm afraid they don't clean them as well as I'd like them to.?
Windex might not be good for the acrylic plastic of the bed. My tanning studio uses some sort of disinfectant spray cleaner. I'd suggest that you carefully inspect the bed before use and, if it isn't clean, ask them to clean it before you get on it. They shouldn't object to that!





What you're calling "reddening lotion" is probably some sort of intensifier that's meant to deepen your tan. If you're fair skinned, it might be too much for you at this stage in your tanning process and could cause you to burn slightly where you come in contact with it.


But, beyond that, it probably also means the previous client's sweat was also on the bed surface. That could be off-putting, I'd think.





So, ask management to clean the bed for you.
Reply:Windex is horrible for tanning beds! Ask the salon employee if you can use their disinfectant to wipe down the bed before you get in, but don't use windex, tanning beds aren't glass, they are acrylic and windex or any other cleaner will break down the acrylic and cause cracks. And they are very expensive to replace.

ivy

No comments:

Post a Comment