Monday, August 23, 2010

The best indoor tanning lotion? For tanning bed.?

I work at at a tanning salon, and i do not disagree that most staff are not knowledgable. However, my manager insists that we try samples of each product, thus, we can properly distinguish excellent lotions from the lotions that do nothing and are a huge waste of money. The cheaper lotions honestly do nothing. If you are not ready to splurge, just use a good moisterizer from home to keep your skin soft and moist. Expensive lotions do make a noticable differenece however. As someone posted, Designer Skin is a good choice and I would suggest using either Intrigue or Spellbound. Those are two pricey ones indeed, but they helped me reach the darkest I have ever been able to get, and since they contain a silicone, my skin is veeeery soft and feels amazing(Wow, I feel like I am making a sales pitch how emberasing). They go for about 70$ Canadian. Anyways, if you perhaps want a slightly cheaper lotion, the Tattoo lotions are also quite good and are about 20 dollars less. The high end austrialan gold line is also pretty good, but if you are going to spend that kind of money, your better off with the spellbound or intrigue lotions! hope i can be of help!

The best indoor tanning lotion? For tanning bed.?
Personally, I have tried several different kinds of lotions for the tanning bed. I've even spent over $50 before for a bottle. Either they stunk or made my skin break out. And, of course, most salons will not take lotions back once used. My cousin recommended that I try using Johnson's (Creamy Oil) Baby Lotion. (White bottle with pink cap.) I started using this last year and it works like a charm. Not only does the oil in it help me tan faster, it keeps my skin smooth. It also helps the dreaded "tanning smell" in case you tan on your lunch hour or you have somewhere to go afterwards and don't want to stink. Like I said, it works for me. It's a whole lot cheaper, so I recommend you giving it a try. It helps keep the skin moisturized after tanning too. Good luck!
Reply:Unfortunately, I can almost guarantee that if your tanning salon finds out that you are using anything other than indoor tanning lotions in the bed you will be strongly repremanded. The reason is that indoor tanning lotions are created for use on the acrylics that are used on the beds. Other lotions and oils leave a film on the beds that will cloud the acrylic, which then makes it virtually useless. The acrylics also become very hard to clean because the excess oils do not wipe clean from the bed, even with the sanitizer. I worked in a tanning salon for four years and I know the pains of trying to clean a bed after someone has used other lotions and oils! Please do not do this!








The best line to buy from is called Designer Skin. A spinoff brand from Designer Skin is also the Splash! line. These lotions are VERY good to use. Many of the new ones have antibacterial ingredients that help reduce the "after tan odor" as well as anti-aging and skin firming ingredients. Basically any lotion from this line will do you a world of good. Designer Skin is usually pretty pricey whereas Splash! should be much lower in price.

lady slipper

No comments:

Post a Comment